RELEASE: Iowa GOP Welcomes Hillary Clinton to Presidential Race With A Few Simple Questions
DES MOINES – Chairman Jeff Kaufmann and Co-Chair Cody Hoefert welcomed Hillary Clinton to the presidential race today after her Sunday announcement.
“Let me be the first to welcome Mrs. Clinton to Iowa and the presidential race. After all, better late than never for her coronation as the Democratic nominee,” Chairman Kaufmann said.
“We’ve been ready for Mrs. Clinton for some time here in Iowa, and have some simple questions she must answer:
1) How can someone who has been a D.C. insider for decades bring the fresh perspective we so desperately need in Washington?
2) How are Iowans supposed to trust you when your decades in D.C. have been marked with endless scandal and controversy?
3) How can we trust you when your Foundation currently accepts millions from foreign governments and did so during your tenure as Secretary of State?
4) How can we trust you when, as Secretary of State, you deliberately ignored rules, deleted 30,000 emails to avoid release and put national security information at risk?
5) How can we trust you with America’s foreign policy when the decisions you and President Obama made have led to a more dangerous and unstable world than when you started as Secretary of State?”
Co-Chair Cody Hoefert said:
“Just yesterday we unveiled our United Iowa initiative, which will ensure we all work together to put a Republican in the White House in 2016 and that Hillary Clinton has to answer for her record. We welcome Mrs. Clinton to her long expected Democratic coronation and hope she has answers for these simple questions.”