Axne Votes to Bail Out New York and California; Leaves Iowa Behind
Let's be honest - Democrat's Covid relief bill is a blue state bailout. Less than 9 percent of the bill goes towards defeating Covid-19. What about the other 91 percent? Well, Silicon Valley gets transit expansion and New York gets a new bridge.
Besides the fact that this spending bill, being sold as a COVID relief package, has very little to do with COVID, it could have been an opportunity for bipartisanship and "unity" - something both parties have been asking for. However, Nancy Pelosi wanted to shove her liberal wishlist through Congress and Cindy Axne helped her do just that.
With a slim House majority, Cindy Axne could hold a lot of power. She claims she's a moderate voice, but when it came to standing up for Iowa - she's taken a seat.
On February 10th, Congressman Randy Feenstra (R-Hull) proposed an amendment to the House Agriculture Committee to authorize the Wildfire and Hurricane Indemnity Program Plus (WHIP+) to include Iowans in need of assistance in the wake of last summer's derecho storm. This funding would provide Iowa farmers with much-needed relief as they continue to recover.
House Democrats stripped it away, just like Feenstra warned, and Cindy Axne proved she's just a number in the Democrat caucus. She will bend to the will of Nancy Pelosi at every turn.
"Axne's inability to put Iowans ahead of her party shows just where her interests are - with the liberal elites on the coast," said Republican Party of Iowa Chairman Jeff Kaufmann. "Axne stands in stark contrast to the Iowa GOP delegation. While she was silent, Republicans fought for Iowans - just like they do every day in Washington."