Biden Hits New Lows
This morning, the new Des Moines Register Iowa Poll has Biden hitting severe lows:
- More Iowans say the nation is headed in the wrong direction today than at the peak of the Great Recession in 2008
- 10% of Iowans say they believe things in the country are headed in the right direction
- 27% of Iowans say they approve of Joe Biden's job as president
- 67% of Iowans say they hope Biden doesn't run for president again
Biden's tanking job approval puts Iowa Democrats in a tough spot - especially loyalist like Cindy Axne, who repeatedly say Biden is a "great president."
What Iowans see in Joe Biden can be tied directly to Axne:
- Axne votes 100% of the time with Joe Biden according to FiveThirtyEight
- Axne voted for the inflationary American Rescue Plan
- Axne defended Biden on the botched Afghanistan withdrawal
- Axne thinks the Border Crisis is on "a good path"
"As Biden and the Democrat Party drive us straight into a recession, it's no surprise that his numbers are this 'abysmal,'" said Republican Party of Iowa Chairman Jeff Kaufmann. "Biden is a disaster and it takes one look at his leadership to realize that, but it's deeper than just that. Democrats all across Iowa, especially Cindy Axne, have been abetting his disastrous agenda all along - they need to be held accountable for their actions."