Per the duties set forth to her by law, Governor Reynolds has set a Special Election on October 12th to fill the vacancy in House District 29.
Here are dates you should put on your calendar:
- September 27: Last day to request an absentee ballot
- October 5-11: Early in-person voting at the auditor’s office in Newton (101 1st St N, Room 202, Newton, IA 50208)
- Weekdays from 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Saturday from 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Election Day: October 12th
REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE: Jon Dunwell
Dunwell is the founder and partner of Legacy Park Wealth and was the Senior Chaplain of the Orange County Sheriff’s Office. He lives in Newton, Iowa with his wife Christie and their two sons, Addison and Bryce.