Per the duties set forth to her by law, Governor Reynolds has set a Special Election on September 14th to fill the vacancy in House District 37.
Here are dates you should put on your calendar:
Satellite Voting Location
- Thursday, September 9th from 8 AM - 5 PM at the Polk County Auditor’s Office (120 2nd Ave in Downtown Des Moines)
- Friday, September 10 from 9 AM - 3 PM Ankeny First united Methodist Church - 710 NE 36th Street, Ankeny
- Friday, September 10th from 8 AM - 5 PM at the Polk County Auditor’s Office (120 2nd Ave in Downtown Des Moines)
- Saturday, September 111th from 6:30 AM - 2:30 PM at the Polk County Auditor’s Office (120 2nd Ave in Downtown Des Moines)
- Monday, September 13th from 8 AM - 5 PM at the Polk County Auditor’s Office (120 2nd Ave in Downtown Des Moines)
- Election Day: September 14th
REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE: Mike Bousselot
Mike Bousselot currently serves as Director of Iowa’s Department of Management in Governor Kim Reynolds’ administration. Bousselot previously served as chief of staff, legal counsel, and as a policy advisor in the Branstad – Reynolds administration. A Davenport native, Bousselot lives in Ankeny with his wife Holly.
He graduated from the University of Iowa with undergraduate and graduate degrees in accounting and with a law degree from Drake University Law School.
DEMOCRAT CANDIDATE: Andrea Phillips
Iowa Democrats and Andrea Phillips will do, say, and spend anything to take this seat. Phillips has already been rejected by Ankeny voters TWICE - and it shouldn't be a surprise.
Phillips has been waiting for this moment. Before John Landon's funeral could even occur, Phillips and her allies were already campaigning. Let's be honest, it was completely insensitive.
This year alone, Phillips mocked Ankeny parents and administrators asking the tough questions about Critical Race Theory being taught in their schools and told her supporters to push back. Phillips also criticized Iowa Republicans for siding with Ankeny parents and requiring schools to give parents a full-time in-person, learning option for their kids.