What's the Beef? Farmers Speak Out Against Green New Deal
DES MOINES — The 2020 Democratic field has embraced the Green New Deal, a socialist wish list with an estimated price tag of $93 trillion. This costly proposal would require monumental tax hikes to the tune of $600,000 per household.
This radical proposal introduced by socialist Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez would:
- “Build out high-speed rail at a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary”
- Guarantee “economic security for all who are unable or unwilling to work”
- “Upgrade or replace every building in [the] US”
- And to the detriment of Iowa’s cattle industry, the Green New Deal would “get rid of farting cows.”
If out-of-touch Democratic presidential hopefuls have their way, Iowa’s agricultural economy would be completely disrupted. Over 32,000 people work in the beef industry in Iowa, and the Hawkeye State ranks in the top ten for beef sales. Not to mention the enormous regulatory burden this outrageous policy would place on family farms.
“We need to get the USMCA signed. Just me as a pork producer — we’ve gotta keep moving forward. The other side is not.” — Doug Reimer, farmer from Guttenberg
Yet 2020 Democrats parading through Iowa have oftentimes over-dramatically touted the plan:
- Cory Booker compared the Green New Deal to fighting the Nazis and totalitarian regimes
- Bernie Sanders claimed “you cannot go too far on the issue”
- Beto O’Rourke compared climate change proposals to “those who were on the beaches in Normandy”
- Kirsten Gillibrand said passing the Green New Deal would be the same as landing on the moon
As 2020 Democrats flock to the Iowa State Fair over the next week, Iowa farmers have one simple request: Save Our Beef!
Today, the Republican Party of Iowa launched SaveOurBeef.com so Iowa fair-goers can learn more about the unaffordable, unrealistic, and un-American Green New Deal — a blatantly socialist proposal that targets Iowa farmers.