Let's Play The Blame Game!
Democrats can't seem to find a working message on inflation. As reports came in about inflation reaching a whopping 8.5 percent year over year, Democrats debuted their newest scapegoat: Putin.
March marked the 11th month of inflation being over 5 percent, and the Democrat Party's scapegoating has been going on since the beginning.
Here is the timeline:
- In June 2021, we were waiting on experts and had a plan. Cindy Axne said to WHO 13 in Des Moines, "I mean let’s wait ‘til we have actual, an expert, who says that that’s what’s happening. Right now, we’ve been able to, you know, keep inflation from being a big issue."
- In July 2021, Axne dismissed Iowans' concerns about inflation saying, "Our economy is on a great track right now. I'm assuming you're talking about a lot of the false advertisements that are out there... I'm not concerned about a false advertisement."
- In September 2021, inflation was because of supply chain issues and "skewed numbers."
- In November 2021, Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell said it was time to ditch the word "transitory."
- In December 2021, Democrats went after US producers and blamed their policy failures on corporate greed.
In January of this year, Democrats pushed Build Back Better as the solution saying, "the bill will reduce the cost of living for many low-income families and ease inflation over the long run."
- Axne even attacked Joe Manchin over his decision to kill BBB.
- Now, Democrats want to blame Putin, but gas prices and inflation both started rising well before Russia invaded Ukraine.
Iowans, and Americans, are tired of the blame game Democrats are playing. With record spending and incompetent leadership, everyone sees right through it.
"Iowans are looking at their paychecks get smaller and smaller, yet the Democrat Party is so caught up in their own games to take any responsibility for it," said Republican Party of Iowa Communications Director Kollin Crompton. "Complete Democrat control of Washington is how we got here. Their reckless spending and big government solutions are ruining people's livelihoods."